Romans 10:8-13 NLT
...And that message is the very message about faith that we preach:
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord
and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
you will be saved.
For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.
As the Scriptures tell us, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced."
Jew and Gentile are the same in this respect. They have the same Lord, who gives generously to all who call on him.
For "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Romans 10:8-13 NLT
Shame, guilt, doubt, have I done enough, am I good enough, if God knew what I am really like there's no way I'm good enough...
Paul continues in his letter writing to the church in Rome sharing his love for Jewish people and wanting them to be able to step around the rock of their own "self salvation project" (as Tim Keller describes it).
And we're not immune.
It may not look like being a slave to the law that Paul saw in his people - what does it look like in our culture (where human doing is valued over human being).
If we sit with Paul and live out the truth of this passage, what shifts in us?
What can we put down?
What opens up?
#letters
#redemptivestrands #hopeishere #weareBeloved
Comments
Post a Comment