I am on the verge of collapse,
facing constant pain.
But I confess my sins;
I am deeply sorry for what I have done.
I have many aggressive enemies;
they hate me without reason.
They repay me evil for good and oppose me for pursuing good.
Do not abandon me,
O Lord.
Do not stand at a distance,
my God.
Come quickly to help me,
O Lord my savior.
Psalms 38:17-22 NLT
All of our emotions can be found in the Psalms - perhaps you've felt like David does here, maybe that's how it is today - this Psalm gives permission to feel what you feel - that's OK.
David's writing also gives us some clues about the way forward:
He acknowledges what's going on in him by writing it down - try that if you haven't.
He looks inwards to his own heart, looks outward to the choices and actions of others, and looks up - continues to look to our God in his distress.
Perhaps we can follow David's pattern here.
What do you think?
#psalms
#songs
#redemptivestrands #hopeishere #weareBeloved
#takethenextstep
Comments
Post a Comment