Sunday Psalms;
Psalms 32:1, 3, 5 NLT
[1] Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven,
whose sin is put out of sight!
...
[3] When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long.
....
[5] Finally,
I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself,
"I will confess my rebellion to the Lord." And you forgave me!
All my guilt is gone. Interlude
Psalms 32:1, 3, 5 NLT
In this song of David's the redemptive strand is found in forgiveness.
Forgiveness that comes from confession.
Confession that comes from the internal realisation of David's that his choices or thoughts, words, were doing not in line with how God has called him to live.
There was an internal battle going on.
And change came on the back of confession.
David doesn't tell us how long it took him to get here, but to write a song about it indicates it took some time...
If he's anything like me, I'm not that keen on acknowledging my sin, confessing my sin, seeking forgiveness- but that is the redemptive arc of this Psalm...
#Psalms
#songs
#redemptivestrands #hopeishere #weareBeloved
Comments
Post a Comment