Friday!
Proverbs!
The one who follows instruction is on the path to life,
but the one who rejects correction goes astray.
Proverbs 10:17 CSB
Mmm so easy this morning to see how this applies to others!
But if these types of Proverbs are not weapons, but tools to inspect my own heart, I'm invited to ask where do I reject correction, direction, advice, reasoning, or reproof?
Maybe it's just me who doesn't like being told what to do, where I might be missing the mark?
My guess is that we all want to be on the "path to life".
The word for "life" here is "chay" or "chayah", to be alive, so to be on the path to aliveness, to being fully alive!
Our culture every day is pushing it's ideas about what fully aliveness is and where it's found, so I'm wondering on this chilly morning what instruction, what wisdom, what truth, our God is inviting me to step towards, to follow today, that will lead to a little more fully aliveness?
What about you?
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon #itsaheartthing #takethenextstep
#speaklife
#fullyaliveness
Comments
Post a Comment