Friday!
Proverbs!
[18] Whoever hides hatred has lying lips, And whoever spreads slander is a fool.
Proverbs 10:18 NKJV
Interesting take on integrity- pretending to be OK with something, hiding our true thoughts or feelings makes us, makes me a liar!
Ouch.
The second part of this Proverb seems mich easier to agree with - however, when I look back over conversations that I've had I wonder how often I have been that fool who has repeated something without knowing it's true, without knowing the whole story...
Getting back to Part 1 - I don't think this is a call to enter every argument that comes our way, but it's an invitation to keep checking in on our motivation- whats going on in my heart?
Is there something in my heart that needs the Light and Grace of Jesus to speak Life to?
What is lurking in my heart that needs bringing to the Light?
What do you think?
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon #itsaheartthing #rememberweareBeloved
Comments
Post a Comment