Sunday Psalms;
Psalms 31:1-2, 5, 9, 14, 16, 21, 24 NLT
[1]
O Lord,
I have come to you for protection;
don't let me be disgraced.
Save me,
for you do what is right. [2] Turn your ear to listen to me;
rescue me quickly.
Be my rock of protection,
a fortress where I will be safe.
...
[5] I entrust my spirit into your hand.
Rescue me,
Lord,
for you are a faithful God.
...
[9] Have mercy on me, Lord,
for I am in distress. Tears blur my eyes.
My body and soul are withering away.
...
[14] But I am trusting you,
O Lord,
saying,
"You are my God!"
[16] Let your favor shine on your servant.
In your unfailing love, rescue me.
...
[21] Praise the Lord,
for he has shown me the wonders of his unfailing love.
He kept me safe when my city was under attack.
...
[24] So be strong and courageous,
all you who put your hope in the Lord!
Psalms 31:1-2, 5, 9, 14, 16, 21, 24 NLT
Maybe some of David's song resonates - crying to God for help.
Have you wanted to cry out to Him but weren't sure its OK - well David wrote a song about it and it's in the middle of our Bible so that makes it OK.
In the middle David restates his trust in God.
His circumstances are awful.
And his faith is strong.
Both things true at the same time.
And the redemptive strand of Unfailing Love is there...
#sunday
#psalms
#redemptivestrands #hopeishere
Comments
Post a Comment