"Take care what you listen to..."
Mark 4:24 NASB
Here's John Piper's summary of Jesus parable of the farmer, the seed, and the soil...
Soil 1: The word heard and the devil snatches.
Soil 2: The word heard and suffering consumes.
Soil 3: The word heard and riches choke.
Soil 4: The word heard and roots go deep in the good heart.
I always thought of this parable describing a one-off event, a one time transaction.
But as I think about life there are times when I've experienced all of these, perhaps even in the same day!
When I hear God's word, when I read, when I meet an image bearer of His, my heart, my willingness to listen, my desire to yield to God or to the desires of my heart, have a huge part in whether 1-3 apply, or 4.
Lord, may today my heart be Soil 4. I want to be open to what you have to say to me, may my heart today be the place your living word flourishes
Amen
#gospelofmark
#choose
#itsaheartthing
#soil4
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment