...the deceitfulness of riches...enter in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
Mark 4:18-19 NASB
The deceitfulness of riches.
Is this one that catches you?
Maybe you're immune from this but there's a few ways this bites me...
The first is thinking I'll be OK, happy, secure, sorted when I have $X
Which then becomes $X+
There's the thinking from our culture that more is better.
That success is measured in $, that giving is optional and from the bit left over after everything else...
Then there's the cost side: if I follow Jesus there, it's going to cost me. Can't someone else pay? Why should I give up my stuff?
My kingdom come
My will be done
It's the lie that "riches" can save me.
The lie that those with "riches" are worth more to God.
I know these things are not true, but they're tough lies to shake, and to live in the upside down kingdom that Jesus calls us to, where only loving God, and loving people, is all that really matters.
#wordsofJesus
#donotlosesightofGod
#upsidedownkingdom
#loveGod
#lovepeople
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment