High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water.
Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion.
Mark 4:37-38 NLT
We're in the mega-storm, the boat is under threat and Jesus is taking a nap.
And what's with that detail "with his head on a cushion". Why did Mark include that?
When we're in the mega-storm sometimes it feels like God is taking a nap with his head on a pillow...
What would Jesus team be thinking?
What are we doing here... are we gonna make it?
Who's idea was this?
Where is Jesus?
And what would they be feeling?
Failures?
Disheartened?
Angry?
All of the above?
Ever felt like that?
When we're in the mega-storm and it's not going well it's easy to lose heart.
Ultimately we know how the Big Story ends, but how will this one go?
To who else should I turn? He has the words of eternal life.
In Him I live, and move, and have my being.
In Him, I have hope.
I will stand on the Firm Foundation.
I can do no other.
#gospelofmark
#whatdoesitmeantofollowJesus
#ithinkitscalledfaith
#faithinthedark
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment