And others are the ones on whom seed was sown among the thorns;
these are the ones who have heard the word,
but the worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word...
Mark 4:18-19 NASB
Jesus adds to the worries and decietfulness of things outside us, this big, catch-all category of our heart desire.
What I want.
Other things.
Right now what do I want that's getting in the way, choking the Word?
I want to stay in bed
I want to eat
I want coffee
But deeper, in my heart, right now, I want comfort.
I want it easy
Easy for me.
And suddenly this category of "the desire for other things" is a tangible thing.
So this morning I choose to lift my gaze, and to ask for grace to love those He brings into my life today, no matter if it's inconvenient, disruptive, or just not what I want.
That's my prayer this morning.
What's yours?
#noreasontofear
#burdenbearers
#donotlosesightofGod
#upsidedownkingdom
#loveGod
#lovepeople
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment