Friday! Proverbs!
The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
The righteous runs into it and is safe.
Proverbs 18:10 NASB
In the middle of this chapter in Proverbs about all kinds of negative stuff is this gem!
The name of the Lord : Yahweh
His name is a place of refuge...how does that work?
When I call on Him, pray, that's one way.
When I seek Him in His Word, when I worship, when we get together and worship, when I sing, meditate...
When I choose to Trust Him.
When I choose to believe that He Is, even when my thoughts or feelings or circumstances or the voices of others try to tell me something different...
When I choose to believe in the dark what I've learned in the light
Run
Run here also means "rut". This is a well worn pathway I need to take all the time.
When our thoughts threaten to take us captive, run to the Lord.
He is a place of safety
Refuge
Where you and I can breathe...
#run
#safe
#breathe
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment