I went to Jerusalem, and after staying there three days I set out during the night with a few others.
I had not told anyone what my God had put in my heart to do for Jerusalem. There were no mounts with me except the one I was riding on.
Nehemiah 2:11-12 NIV
He'd had a report of the problem.
God had called him to mission. Placed a desire in his heart to make a difference.
Rather than jump in, make a lot of noise when he arrived, he went quietly to have a good look for himself.
He didn't rush to judgement or action, flash his letters from the king, but quietly and humbly went to work
How often have I just jumped in with a solution? I haven't taken the time to look, to listen...what was Nehe doing for 3 days in Jerusalem? My guess is he was asking questions... listening...
#nehemiah
#faithful
#brave
#thoughtful
#patient
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment