They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen.
Romans 1:25 NIV
John Calvin in 1530 wrote "...man's nature...is a perpetual factory of idols..." or as Tim Keller said when our heart takes the good things (love, career, business, things we own or want to own, even family) & make them the ultimate thing. The thing we think will give us significance, security, fulfillment if we could just attain them...
It's so easily done...if only I had That - I'd be happy / content / safe / valuable...
Paul says don't swap the living God for the things He's made or we've made.
In Him we ARE significant, loved, & secure & it's Him we should choose to worship...
#dearlyloved
#childrenofGod
#jesusatthecentre
#loveGod
#Romans
#keepingitreal
#encourageoneanother
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment