"And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh...?"
Jonah 4:11 NIV
God's parting question to Jonah is a statement of God's love that echoes down the centuries...Jonah was too concerned about his own comfort and missed God's heart for people.
All people.
God saw beyond the lifestyle of Nineveh and the things they did and saw people He loved, people who needed a saviour.
A way.
Just as Jesus gave up the comfort of heaven, shrunk himself, humbled himself, gave himself up to become The Way for me...sometimes I'm just like Jonah & more concerned for my own comfort...and I lose sight of God's heart for people.
All people.
Lord today help me to see those around me as you do, to love as you do.
Help me to see that I'm part of your Big Story of restoration.
Amen
#lessonsfromJonah
#lovepeople
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment