Achan replied,
"It is true! I have sinned against the Lord , the God of Israel. This is what I have done: When I saw in the plunder a beautiful robe from Babylonia, two hundred shekels of silver and a bar of gold weighing fifty shekels, I coveted them and took them..."
Joshua 7:20-21 NIV
Achan got caught up with the things of this world. For him it was clothing and money.
And he paid for his disobedience with his life.
I'm just like Achan.
So easily enamoured with the shiny things of this world...the measures of success...
Achan paid with his life, but Jesus paid for us with His.
So we can stand with our wobbly faith and our hearts that so often let us down...but stand redeemed by a loving God who made a way, The Way, for us.
How good is that!
We don't live in fear of the law, of being good enough, it's not our cleanliness or our performance, but Jesus.
#free
#redeemed
#redeemedforapurpose
#nofear
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment