Then the Lord spoke to Jonah a second time: "
Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh, and deliver the message I have given you"
Jonah 3:1-2 NLT
It's easy to diss Jonah for running.
But he was asked to go to the most hostile people on earth (think ISIS) & tell them they're wrong and it's time to love Jesus (by the way walk 1000km to get there)
Not sure I'd be that keen.
If you were God and had your choice of prophets for this important project, you'd choose the best. Someone you knew could do this.
Even if they didn't.
Is God calling you somewhere hard?
Are you facing a Nineveh sized challenge?
We've all got stuff that God has for us that we'd rather not do...rather run from.
Whatever that is for you today, take God's hand and head towards it...
#with
#nofear
#lessonsfromJonah
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment