Friday! Proverbs!
The wicked are trapped by their own words, but the godly escape such trouble.
Proverbs 12:13 NLT
Have you ever been trapped by your own words?
Happens to me too often & I need to apologise, back off, change tack... Happened this week when a conversation drifted into criticism and I went happily with it...
And why?
Because the values that I believe and want to live by are at war with my inclination - where I go way too easily
The godly escape all this - it's called sanctification - the ongoing, lifelong process of becoming more like Jesus
Jesus loved people.
Delighted in them
He knows that in all of us is someone made in the image of God...and as my heart gets more aligned with his, my thoughts and words will no longer trap me...
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
#itstheheart
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment