Skip to main content
Matthew 26:48-50 NLT
The traitor, Judas, had given them a prearranged signal: 
"You will know which one to arrest when I greet him with a kiss."
So Judas came straight to Jesus. 
"Greetings, Rabbi!" he exclaimed and gave him the kiss.
Jesus said, 
"My friend, 
go ahead and do what you have come for."
Then the others grabbed Jesus and arrested him. 
Matthew 26:48-50 NLT
Even though Jesus knew Judas was going to do what he did, knew what would unfold from that moment, Jesus didn't intervene, stop him, or even make it difficult for him.
Somehow in the middle of this betrayal Jesus still lived out a life of Grace, compassion, mercy. 
This is something that seems beyond our human ability to do. Jesus must've keep holding on to the Bigger Story, the Love Story, that meant that at a human level what Judas did was a big thing, but in the Big Story was just another step to Jesus making a way for us. 

Because God so loved the world.

Jesus accepted the betrayal by his friend not for Judas, not because it was justifiable or right in any way, not because there weren't consequences for him - I'm sure it hurt - Jesus took the betrayal because He Loves us.
His Love consumed, absorbed all the evil and gave back Grace.
One day, His Love will absorb all the betrayal and evil in our world, and there will only be Love
#wordsofJesus #redletterBible 
#weareBeloved 
#grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken