Friday! Proverbs!
A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.
Proverbs 14:30 NIV
Eleanor Roosevelt is credited with this quote: "Comparison is the thief of joy"
The 10th commandment is "do not covet".
And here, the writer says envy will eat us up from the inside...it mangles up our thoughts, drives us to make poor decisions, and eventually ruins our health.
So what's the antidote?
The heart at peace.
Where does that come from?
Love.
Love that says "you're so valuable, so precious to me that I died for you"
Love that says it's you I love, not some version of you that society or other people might say is better...the transforming love of the Gospel.
And that brings peace.
The peace that allows, more than allows, strengthens us to be genuinely happy for the success of others (however that looks) and not want to grasp it for ourselves...
Knowing we are dearly loved.
#antidote
#peace
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment