When I arrived back in Jerusalem, I learned about Eliashib's evil deed in providing Tobiah with a room in the courtyards of the Temple of God. I became very upset and threw all of Tobiah's belongings out of the room...
Nehemiah 13:7-8 NLT
Eli had given Toby a room & Nehe was not happy.
In Ch2 & Ch6 Toby was the enemy... intimidating & threatening.
And now he's operating at the very centre of the spiritual life of the city.
No wonder Nehe was unhappy.
But what do I let in to the centre of my life that really is the enemy. That needs turfing out just like Tobiah?
Maybe it's what i listen to or read or watch, the social media, the gossip, where I let my mind go...that person who drags me down...the focus on outward appearance...
What needs cutting off & kicking out?
If Nehe had a good look at the spiritual centre of my life would he say: "that's got to go. Now."
#whohaveirentedaroomto
#nowisgood
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment