So I confronted the nobles of Judah.
"Why are you profaning the Sabbath in this evil way?" I asked. "Wasn't it just this sort of thing that your ancestors did that caused our God to bring all this trouble upon us and our city? Now you are bringing even more wrath upon Israel by permitting the Sabbath to be desecrated in this way!"
Nehemiah 13:17-18 NLT
They'd forgotten that God had put these rules in place so that they would flourish.
The sabbath was about rest, regaining shalom, peace in the life of the individual and the community, living out their belief in God.
And it had become just like any other day to do business.
They'd allowed the culture and practices of the world around them to weaken their devotion to God.
I wonder how I do that?
Allowed the measures of success of the world become more important than God's?
Who really has first place?
#shalom
#peace
#loveGod
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment