"Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths...
Jeremiah 6:16 NIV
So lift your eyes from the next step towards the horizon...and ask for the ancient paths...
So often we ask what people think, what does our society say...but what does God's ancient wisdom have to say?
What is the "big story" that we're part of...
God
Creation
The fall
Redemption
Restoration
And in the context of that big story, what does God's word have to say about my situation...my choice, as I stand at the crossroads?
Mmm... means I might have to study it a bit more, dig into it for myself, hunt out principles...
But no matter what, we're saved by grace, redeemed by His love, and called to love God, and love people.
Look for the ancient paths... sometimes they take a good hard look to find...
#crossroads
#unexpectedcrossroads
#standandlook
#ancientpaths
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment