Sunday Psalms;
Psalms 30:1, 6-7, 11-12 NLT
[1] I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.
You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.
...
[6] When I was prosperous, I said, "Nothing can stop me now!"
[7] Your favor,
O Lord, made me as secure as a mountain. Then you turned away from me, and I was shattered.
...
[11] You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, [12] that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God,
I will give you thanks forever!
Psalms 30:1, 6-7, 11-12 NLT
There's a story beneath this song of David's. Read the whole song and there seems to be an underlying drama or event in David's life he is reliving in this song.
A story that included enemies, illness of some sort (stress related?), prosperity - and believing that prosperity would save him - loss, and a return to God who may not have changed David's circumstances, but shifted things in him that turned his mourning, sorrow, loss, into goodness.
There's an underlying redemptive strand to David's story that is ours too.
May we glimpse the goodness our God has for us, knowing that in the end, our mourning too will be turned into goodness...
#psalms
#songs
#redemptivestrands #hopeishere #weareBeloved
Comments
Post a Comment