Skip to main content
Sunday Psalms;

May God 
be gracious to us 
and bless us; 
may he 
make his face 
shine upon us.

Selah

Psalms 67:1 CSB 

This first part of this song is almost an invitation to our God, a corporate asking from God's people for his blessing.
To see his face.
There's days when we so desperately want that too, God can't you just step in here, make this injustice just, heal this brokenness, put right this wrong. 
Perhaps our circumstances make us question God's care, or even his existence. 
This Psalm, this song, recentres us, asks that we would recognise Him again in his world, his people, in our own spirit. 
In between when this song was written and now, God made his face shine upon us in the face of Jesus. 
He entered our story with grace and blessing, and became the way for us to see our God in a new way. 
As we wait and work towards that day when we see Jesus face-to-face, may we not miss His blessings, His grace, His face shining upon us, because we are His Beloved. 
#Psalms 
#psalm67
#itsasong
#youareBeloved 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken