Oh, give thanks
to the Lord,
for He is good!
For His mercy
endures forever.
...
I called on the Lord
in distress;
The Lord answered me and set me
in a broad place.
Psalms 118:1,5 NKJV
I called on the Lord.
In my distress.
Implied in my prayer was my trust in God, that He is good, that his love, compassion, kindness and mercy towards me are beyond my ability to measure.
But I didn't say it out loud.
So this morning that's where my prayer starts.
"Father in heaven,
You are good.
I know that you love me, and I know that you love the people I care about.
This is what's going on right now..."
That changes things. And that broad place, that open field, I get a wee glimpse of.
And.
The psalmist was in distress.
Trouble.
Literally a tight place.
It's OK for us to feel like that too.
Thanks God.
You are good.
You love beyond measure.
Right now I'm going to walk in that truth no matter what.
Amen.
#sobeit
#psalms
#psalm118
#lovedbeyondmeasure
#evenwhenithurts
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment