The disciples were absolutely terrified.
"Who is this man?"
they asked each other.
"Even the wind and waves obey him!"
Mark 4:41 NLT
The storm stopped.
In an instant.
The waves stopped.
It's dead calm.
In the middle of the night
In the middle of the lake
I imagine the clouds clear completely and all there is is stars...
And Jesus.
And the boys thought they were afraid in the storm...now they're terrified!
They've seen power at work that they cannot understand or fathom.
They have a man in the boat who can control the wind.
And the waves
Absolute authority and control.
What's their question?
"Who is this man?"
What we've seen doesn't fit with Jesus being a good teacher, chatting about seeds and plants and a new kingdom.
There's something more here!
And it's scary!
Our culture would like to contain Jesus too. Contain him as just a good teacher who talked about loving one another.
But there's more to Jesus than that.
You'd think that glimpse of Jesus display of absolute authority over creation would be enough, but they still didn't really 'get' Jesus.
And neither do I really.
I need reminding
That's why it's good to get together and sing and pray and worship and get another glimpse of Jesus
#sunday
#worship
#thisisourGod
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment