Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion.
The disciples woke him up, shouting,
"Teacher, don't you care that were going to drown?"
Mark 4:38 NLT
We all have a version of this question...don't you care?
The storm is too big.
Too overwhelming.
We're out in the dark and the boat is taking on water
I'm going to drown
Don't you care?
This is early days in Jesus ministry, and I don't think the disciples really got who Jesus is.
In the dark
In the storm, it's easy to lose sight of who Jesus is.
It's OK to cry out.
To ask Him
Sometimes the answer may be in the Jesus of Genesis 1, or Isaiah, or Job.
Or the Psalms
Or the quiet voice of the Spirit
Or the open loving arms of a saviour who stopped at nothing to rescue.
The Cross answers the "don't you care" question.
#faith
#hope
#love
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment