Friday! Proverbs!
The poor man utters supplications,
But the rich man answers roughly.
Proverbs 18:23 NASB
Supplications?
I looked it up!
"the action of asking or begging for something earnestly or humbly."
Which one are you?
The poor who ask or beg earnestly or humbly?
Or the rich who are rough in response?
Or neither?
Or both?
This is about power. The poor person here does not have power but does have a need and is seeking help.
The rich person can help.
But doesn't.
He chooses to use his power to belittle, to make himself look bigger, and the poor person feel smaller.
I've done that with words, jokes, sarcasm, and maybe ways that I cannot see or recognise.
While this proverb speaks to how life often is, it is not a prescription for how we should try and live.
There is no love here, no grace here.
Grace
Love
Love changes everything.
Love says I'll give up my power for you.
#lovepeople
#grace
#upsidedownkingdom
#proverbs
#wisdom
#somethingtochewon
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment