When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
Mark 2:16 NIV
Why did they ask Jesus disciples?
Why not ask him directly?
What was the problem with who you have lunch with?
Appearances must've been important.
You couldn't be seen with "them".
Jesus was challenging the religious standard and assumptions just by going to lunch!
Imagine how he would upset people today with our obsession about taking offence!
But more importantly, how would Jesus upset me?
What would he be doing that I'd be asking "why is Jesus over there, helping them, when I have these problems?"
Would I be echoing the Pharisees with "what about me?"
#somethingtochewon
#monday
#Godsgym
#gospelofmark
#lovepeople
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment