One Saturday,
on the day of rest,
Jesus and his disciples were walking through a field of wheat.
The disciples were hungry, so they plucked off some heads of grain to eat.
But when some of the Pharisees saw what was happening, they said to him, "Look! Your disciples shouldn't be harvesting grain on the Sabbath!" Jesus responded...
Mark 2:23-25 TPT
Look at what you're wearing...look at where they live... look at how small, how ugly, how stupid...
Look at how they don't fit
Don't belong.
Been there. Done that.
Often.
No compassion
No thought about the person
No interest in their story
Their hunger
Just interested in my world, my kingdom...
Jesus always saw the person in a situation.
And he calls us to follow him, to imitate him, so we too, me, I need to see the person first.
To have compassion first
To be prepared to give up my kingdom, just as the One I follow gave up his.
To love others
#first
#lovepeople
#gospelofmark
#upsidedownkingdom
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment