Now John's disciples and the Pharisees were fasting. Some people came and asked Jesus,
"How is it that John's disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees are fasting, but yours are not?"
Mark 2:18 NIV
The Pharisees were like the culture police.
This is the way we do things. Don't step out of line.
Jesus' team were not living how their culture expected, & the Pharisees (who had real power in the community) were asking questions.
Do I do anything, live in any way, that the culture around me would ask that question?
Why do you do (or don't do) that?
That's different.
I don't like to be seen as different. I like to feel like I belong. Fit in.
The people who had been with Jesus, something in them was shifting and it found it's expression in the way they lived, and not with restriction, but with freedom!
Being with Jesus will change my choices, the way that I live, & I may not "fit in", but that's OK
Why don't you...?
You go where on Sunday?
You pray?
Choosing to follow Jesus on Monday can be uncomfortable.
I'm OK with that.
#monday
#Godsgym
#choose
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment