Then the apostles returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day's walk from the city...
They all joined together constantly in prayer...
Acts 1:12, 14 NIV
Jesus had been taken up, they'd met a couple of Angels, and now headed back to the city.
And what did they do?
Pray.
Not someone standing up the front praying but praying together.
A lot.
Last night at LifeGroup one person picked Pray for One Another (James 5:16) as their key One Another verse and I was challenged about how much time I actually pray.
Alone
Together. In community.
Praying together does make us vulnerable - maybe that's why I don't do it much, but as James says that's a place of healing.
So maybe I can add one small aspect, time, habit of prayer into my life.
I wonder what might change...
#whatmattersmost
#Acts
#grow
#pray
#praytogether
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment