At that time Herod the tetrarch heard the reports about Jesus, and he said to his attendants, This is John the Baptist; he has risen from the dead! That is why miraculous powers are at work in him.
Matthew 14:1-2 NIV
We think that "post-truth" is something new - political leaders saying whatever they want as truth - but here's Herod making up "facts" about Jesus - it's not clear if he believes it or not...but certainly seems to be putting it out there as "truth"
I'd never do that.
Or do I sometimes stretch the story to make me look better?
Or hold back something because it makes me look bad?
And maybe I sometimes state opinions as facts!
How easy it is to be just like Herod (or Trump etc)
We're all saddled with a heart that needs to be chipped away at by God...allowing Him to expose our weaknesses and make us less like Herod and more like Jesus...
#itsajourney
#inthistogether
#somethingtochewon
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment