Skip to main content
Sunday Psalms

How long, Lord? 
Will you 
forget me forever? 
How long 
will you 
hide your face from me? 
How long 
will I 
store up anxious concerns within me, agony in my mind every day? 
How long 
will my 
enemy dominate me? 

Consider me and answer, Lord my God. 
Restore brightness to my eyes; 
otherwise, I will sleep in death. 
My enemy will say, 
"I have triumphed over him,"
and my foes will rejoice because I am shaken.

But I 
have trusted 
in your faithful love; 
my heart 
will rejoice 
in your deliverance. 
I will sing 
to the Lord
because he 
has treated me generously.
Psalms 13:1-6 CSB

David brings his searching questions to God. Lays them all out. 
If we need to find voice for our heartache and questions, David has given us a start place here. If we can't pray our own questions, we can use his. 
Write them down like he did.
And then he's pretty clear about what he needs. 
It's OK to tell God what's going on for us. 
What's really going on.
And then David chooses to respond to his own lament with faith and trust and hope, even while his questions may remain unanswered. 
Maybe today that's the part of this Psalm, this song that we can choose to sing anyway, that we choose to trust in His faithful love. 
What an amazing expression of David's heart, of God's love and graciousness, and permission for us to cry out, to write our songs to God today. David's song is accepted by God because he is accepted. 
#psalms
#psalm13
#openheart
#accepted
#dearlyloved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken