Let your gentleness be evident to all.
Philippians 4:5 NIV
Confession.
This was my family's "go to" verse for me for years.
It was on the fridge, and took forever to find its way to change my attitude.
And every now and then that ungentleness reappears...which for me found it's expression in both what I say and how I say it...
Evident.
Paul is clear, our attitudes need more than our intellectual agreement. They've got to be worked out in the real world.
(I have quite a list to work on...kindness, generosity, patience...they need evidence!)
And then there's the "to all".
It's easy to be gentle with those who are gentle, with those you like, but this is "to all"
Paul wants our character to be consistent...so even when I have bad news, tough medicine or criticism to give, Paul is telling me that my heart should be consistent and my gentleness evident...to all
#ouch
#lovepeople
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment