Skip to main content
For you have been a refuge for me, 
a tower of strength in the face of the foe. 
I will live in your tent forever and find refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Selah) 
For you, 
God, 
have heard my vows; 
you have given me
the heritage 
of those 
who fear your name.
Psalm 61:4-6 CJB
In the middle of whatever is going on in by his life David looks back and recalls God being at work - how often do I forget that?
He looks forward with hope, with trust in the power and goodness of God's sheltering wings.
And right now, he knows that he already has a heritage... the New Testament explodes this concept of heritage as Children of God, as heirs to an inheritance sealed by the Spirit, something we already have when we believe in and on Jesus. 
For David it was his vow, his promises before a holy God, remembering His faithfulness, holding on to hope.
For us it's faith. 
Not relying on our promises, our vows, but relying on Jesus, his life, death & resurrection.
Remembering his faithfulness, and holding on to hope. 
My hope is built
On nothing less
Than Jesus blood
And righteousness
My hope does not rely on me, my performance, me keeping my promises, but on Jesus, 
His performance, 
His promises.
In that there is peace.
Peace in the storm, the calm, the joys, the sorrows, the grief, the victories...because we are safe, heirs already, children of God.
#childrenofGod
#heirs
#dearlyloved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Genesis 15.8-18.ESV But he said O Lord God , how am I to know that I shall possess it? ...When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram... March 15 was the last day we looked at Abram's story...he was questioning God and this is God's response...sacrifices and smoke and fire and a covenant...a promise... Isn't that what we crave for sometimes? God, if only you'd just show me smoke & fire, a burning bush a sign, miracle, healing...then all my questions would disappear...all my doubts would be gone... 2moro we'll see Abram's response but I think God values our faith in spite of our questions and doubts. That we choose Him anyway #faith
Psalm 42.1-11.nlt As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God... I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? O God my rock l cry, Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, Where is this God of yours? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! That song "as the deer pants for the water..." seems almost nice, but it's not...it's part of a cry of anguish, of hurt, of despair...of God not giving an answer...yet...through all that...again and again he says I'll put my hope in God! #choose #hope #hopeunshaken