Friday! Proverbs!
The human spirit can endure in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear?
Proverbs 18:14 NIV
When what is at our core, who we really are is OK, then we can handle a lot.
People fight back from serious accidents and illness, live with chronic pain and degenerative disease, adjust to getting old...live with and thrive with mental health struggles.
But when our spirit is crushed, our circumstances can overwhelm.
There's 3 simple things we can think about here:
1. Faith.
What is my faith in?
If I've put my faith in my mind, my ability, my body, my stuff, my family...the things I've created...work, art, business, music...whatever that is, good though it is, it cannot sustain us. Those things are going to let us down somewhere, sometime.
They can't save us.
I am constantly shifting my faith towards Jesus.
Only a living God can meet me, know me, hear me.
And only a person can understand, and be accessible.
Personal
Choose to shift your faith from, from ______, to.
To Jesus.
When my faith is in Him, I'm not so easily crushed...
#faith
Joseph replied..."Dont you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - life for many people..." Genesis 50:19-20 MSG The view from the drone. The different perspective. "God has been at work in my life despite, in fact within the hatred that you had towards me. Even though I couldn't always see it, I kept trusting Him, even when He was silent, when all hope seemed lost... God was at work... Can you see that now?" #faith #faithinthedark
Comments
Post a Comment